The end of term 4 and the school year is closing in quickly and if you are anything like me, or quite possibly most parents out there, then you have left Teacher's gifts or even friends gifts to the last minute.
So.....I thought I would help you out with some fun and easy Teacher gifts that are easy to make or personalise.
Home baked cookies are not only delicious but with so many different cookie cutter shapes, embossers and debossers available, like the ones from Cookie Cutter Shop, your child will be able to make something unique and with that personal touch. Place them in a jar and add a card using your choice of ribbon.
2. Cinnamon Dough Ornaments
This one is so fun, and if you love Christmas as much as I do, the smell of Cinnamon wafting through the house will give you even more of those Christmas vibes. Using your choice of cookie cutters for shapes and decorated with your choice of glitter, paint or gems, the cinnamon dough ornaments can also double as gift tags for your presents.
What you need:
1 cup ground cinnamon
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup white school glue
small bowl of water
Time to get making
1. Combine the cinnamon and apple sauce in a mixing bowl and stir thoroughly. Pour in the glue and stir until combined.
2. Knead the dough with your hands towards the end to incorporate any last bits of cinnamon.
3. Wrap the dough in glad wrap and let it sit for an hour to allow the glue to cure.
4. Preheat the oven to 90C.
5. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
6. Cut the dough in half and only work with one half at a time.
7. Roll out the dough to approximately 6mm thick. If cracks form or the dough isn't smooth, rub in a little bit of water and roll out again.
8. Using your choice of cutters, cut out as many ornament shapes as you can.
9. Use a straw to cut out holes at the top of the shape. This will be used to thread your ribbon through.
10. Place pre-cut dough close together on the baking tray. Note, because of the glue the shapes won't spread.
11. Bake for 2 hours. Set a timer for 1hour and flip the shapes to ensure they are cooked thoroughly.
12. The ornaments are ready when they are slightly darker and hard to touch.
13. Transfer them to a cooling rack or leave on the tray to allow them to cool down and dry completely.
14. Let your little ones decorate their ornament using their imagination.
15. Tie ribbon or twang to hang.
3. Hand written or print at home gift tags
There are so many great ideas out there that require very little time to plan, prepare or even clean up after. Hand written or print at home gift tags are perfect to add that personal touch to a candle, plant, chocolate jar or even bottle of wine. My personal favourite is this one.